Our church is in membership with the Baptist Union of Great Britain, and we subscribe to mainstream evangelical Christian tradition. In these days when large parts of the Christian church seem to have abandoned traditional beliefs and values, we feel it is important to state clearly what we believe.
- That the entire Bible is the Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, and is therefore our final authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
(2 Timothy 3. v 16)
- In the sovereignty, grace and love of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
(1 Chronicles 29. v 10-13)
- In the eternal deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. That, born of a virgin, He became man without ceasing to be God, in order to reveal God to men and bring them salvation through His death on the cross. That He rose from the dead and lives for evermore.
(Philippians 2. v 5-9)
- In the illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in every believer.
(John 16. v 7-11)
- That all men have sinned, and therefore are subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
(Romans 5 v 12)
- That there is no salvation apart from Christ and that this eternal salvation is the gift of God brought to men through grace, and received by personal faith in the substitutionary death of the Lord Jesus Christ.
(Acts 4. v 10-12. Ephesians 2. v 8)
- That all believers belong to a royal priesthood, the Church, of which Christ is the Head and which is commanded by Him to proclaim the gospel throughout the world.
(1 Peter 2. v 9)
- In the visible, personal and bodily return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Acts 1. v ll)
- The New Testament teaches that Baptism, by total immersion, was ordained by the Lord Jesus Christ and whilst not necessary for salvation, it is essential for full obedience.
- The Lord’s Supper was ordained by the Lord Jesus Christ to commemorate His death; it affords opportunity for renewal of communion with Him, in the company of fellow believers. Participation is open to all who believe in Jesus Christ.